Quotations are based upon drawings provided and are subject to change upon final site measurements. Quotes are only valid for 60 days. Quotes must be signed and accompanied by a signed Terms and Conditions. Pricing does not include GST. All out of province jobs are required to pay PST and GST. Any additions, alterations or deviations of any kind from the original drawings from which the estimate was derived from, may result in additional charges. Pacific will be fair when re-pricing a job from the actual templates, but bump-outs, curves, additional overhangs etc. that are not on original drawings will add to the price of your job. We do request cabinet drawings for accuracy and if you are concerned about the estimate we recommend that you review the drawings with your salesperson prior to giving us a deposit.
All estimates include one trip to template and one trip to install. The minimum trip charge is $150.00 plus labor for any additional trips required to the job at the customer's request or if Pacific is required to make a return trip due to incomplete cabinetry, fixtures not on site or any other reason that is no fault of their own.
Please note that if items such as backsplash, island step up, bay window ledges etc. are not specifically outlined in your estimate, they will not be included in your final installation. Please do not make assumptions about your estimate and get everything in writing.
No material will be held without a 50% material Payment or (approved builder purchase order). No job will be considered to be in production prior to the template approval, quote and terms and conditions form being signed, all material is in stock, stove specifications have been provided and the sinks are at Pacific Stone.
Builder jobs must be paid within 30 days of the invoice. Late payments will incur a 2% interest charge. If the builder needs to delay the Pacific installation, payment will still be required. Retail customer payment schedule will be as follows:
- 50% Material payment or Builder P.O is required to book a template.
- 50% Balance to book installation of product and is due prior to install.
Pacific Stone strives to have all pieces of the job installed at the same time, but in certain circumstances, due to fabrication time or templating schedules, not all pieces are ready at the same time. In these cases, a progress bill will be sent for a portion of the total bill. Payment is expected promptly, as not to hold up the remaining installation. In addition, if Pacific is ready to install the job and the customer is not, the customer shall pay Pacific the balance due in full. The final payment will be due upon complete installation of the job.
Upon default of payment of the invoice, Pacific Stone will pursue all legal avenues available to recover all monies owed plus legal fees.
"Supply only" jobs, or any job priced at $500.00 or less, must be paid for in full prior to being picked up and/or delivered. Customer accepts responsibility to ensure that all products picked up from Pacific have left the shop in good condition as Pacific will not except any claims for damage or deficiencies once the products have been signed for and released to the customer.
Material payments will only hold product for a maximum of 2 years. After this time the material will be returned to stock and the material payment will become a credit at Pacific Stone for future material purchase.
Any job cancelled after material has been brought in and set aside is subject to a 20% restocking charge to be deducted from the total cost of the job and if templated, an extra charge of $500.00 plus GST will apply.
REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO TEMPLATING:
(Builder or Retail Customer will be responsible)
- All cutouts from sink holes and cook top holes are disposed of and are not salvageable. If you require additional smaller pieces of stone to be cut and polished, these will be invoiced to the customer accordingly at a minimum charge of $150.00.
- Stove must be on site or stove specs (specific measurements and cabinet opening) must be given to Pacific before template time. Failure to do so may result in additional charges dependant upon the type of cooktop /or stove being installed at the jobsite. For example, a stove strip that lays on the surface behind the opening of the stove is an extra charge and needs to be factored in and signed off on - on the original quote in order for it to be manufactured. A cooktop hole needs to be planned - again - prior to the job being completed for manufacturing purposes. Please note that oversized stoves and cooktops will result in additional charges as will flush mount cooktops. If you are concerned about any additional charges regarding your stove/cooktop requirements, please ensure these are discussed and signed off on - on the original estimate to avoid any additional charges. If you have a flush mount cook-top, the quote must reflect this, otherwise, a basic cooktop hole will be cut. The stove/cooktop MUST be on site at the time of the install in order for Pacific to do a complete countertop installation. If the cooktop/stove is NOT on site at the time of the installation and it is realized by the homeowner at a later date that it does not fit
- or a stove strip is required post countertop installation, there will be a minimum of $250.00 extra that will be charged by Pacific Stone, plus stove strip manufacturing costs and/or cooktop hole costs.
- All Undermount sinks (and some vessel sinks) must be on site or delivered to Pacific. Pacific will keep sinks to cut and/or polish holes and may bring them to the site to mount them (if required) to the granite during installation. Drop in sink holes will be cut on site. Plumbing must not be hooked up for a minimum of 24hrs to allow for the sink to set to the underside of the granite. Pacific is not responsible for plumbing.
- New cabinets must be fully installed, level and all gables in place. If customer is using existing cabinets, arrangements must be made by the customer to have existing tile removed (at least the bottom row) prior to templating, and for countertop removal prior to Pacific installing the new granite. If current countertop rolls into a backsplash, the countertop will have to be removed prior to templating (unless you are adding 3/4" granite backsplash). Lazy Susan cabinets must be secured with plywood or sub top prior to granite installation.
- If cabinets are old, they need to be level and secure, otherwise there will be a retemplating charge.
- All sink holes are cut to Pacific Stone's standards. If you require any special overhangs or cut out dimensions for accessories, you must convey this in writing to Pacific Stone prior to templating.
Cabinet sink openings and finished sizing to accommodate granite installation is the responsibility of the Owner and or the Contractor. Pacific Stone Fabrication will cut and modify cabinets to accommodate the stone, but will not be held responsible for any residual damage in the process.
THERE MUST NOT BE ANY FURTHER CHANGES TO THE CABINETS, GABLES OR SUPPORT WALLS AFTER WE HAVE TEMPLATED. (OTHERWISE PACIFIC WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE GRANITE FITTING PROPERLY.)
Please note that it is mandatory that the customer or contractor is on site to sign off during the templating to approve all curves, corners and overhangs. If no one is on site and aesthetic decisions are required, another appointment will have to be scheduled which will result in additional charges.
We require 24 hours notice to cancel a template appointment. Failure to provide the required notice will result in a charge of $150.00 plus GST.
The Pacific installation team takes every precaution to keep your home clean during installation, but please be advised there will be a certain amount of dust created from drilling holes and spot polishing. Due to safety reasons, installers must wear work boots while installing granite. All teams carry the necessary equipment to assist in cleaning, but there will still be residual dust in the air. Drop cloths are not used as our installers need solid footing beneath them.
All faucets/soap dispensers/reverse osmosis taps/garburator buttons must be on site at time of granite installation. Please make us aware of exactly where you would like holes drilled for such items. Sinks must be delivered to Pacific no later than 1 week after template date. Pacific will arrange for sink delivery to our shop with each approved builder. Pacific Stone reserves the right to cut the sink holes on site for proper placement. Due to size and bonding limitations, seams on a countertop are necessary. Pacific Stone Fabrication will determine aesthetic seam placement. Color matching is not always possible at seam area, due to shading and the flow of the grain. Pacific Stone does everything possible to layout the template material on the slab to include or avoid certain areas. We make every effort possible to ensure your finished product is exactly as you want it, however, due to slab size and template configuration, certain inclusions like fissures are not always evident and may appear more noticeable after cutting. Whether you wish to include or eliminate certain inclusions, it is not always possible to get everything in your template. If there is something in the slab you really like, we will make every effort possible to include this "area" in your final project, but we do not make any guarantees either way. If there is any uncertainty, you should consider selecting another granite.
Slab color will vary inside our shop or outside in the yard due to lighting, weather conditions, reflections etc. Granite will look different in your house and our shop once it is cut and fabricated. Please note that your granite selection is based on a bundle not a particular slab.
Pacific Stone does not install broken or deficient slabs. In many cases there are other trades working on the site that may unintentionally compromise the installed stone. Please report any deficiencies in writing within 24 hours of your installation to the shop. Pacific Stone will not be held liable if other trades are misusing your new countertops (i.e.: standing on, hammering, etc.)
Granite, Marble and Travertine are all natural stones that vary in durability, hardness, composition etc. Pacific Stone cannot advise the exact minerals and substances that make up each stone. Marble and Travertine do contain calcite, which is very susceptible to staining and etching and is not as durable as granite.
Pacific shall not be held liable for the use of any material or product and makes no expressed or implied warranty or suitability for any particular purpose or application. Pacific Stone purchases only "Grade One" stone which is the best we can buy in the industry. No two pieces are alike. Color variations, veining, pitting, fissures and micro cracks are natural characteristics of stone. None of these variations are to be considered deficiencies. Samples provided are indicative of color and pattern only. Dust and water markings are more apparent in darker colors.
Pacific Stone highly recommends that you touch and feel the surface of the material you have selected. All natural stones have texture (and in some cases "fill"). Natural light reflecting off your solid surface may enhance the texture of your granite surface due to the fact the slabs are now horizontal. Pacific Stone does not re-polish the surface of the slabs and it is at the fabricator's discretion as to whether or not additional surface fill is required or possible. If you have concerns about the "feel" of your slabs, please consider a different material.
Sealers are required for all natural stones and the customer is responsible for stone maintenance after installation. Pacific Stone can provide you with additional Cleaning and Maintenance Information.
Once an installation is scheduled we require 48 hours notice for cancellation. A minimum charge of $500.00 will apply if less than 48 hours notice is received or if the site is not ready for installation upon our arrival.
ADDDITIONAL CHARGES WILL APPLY WHEN:
- Changes or additions are made to the original contract.
- Pacific Stone Fabrication is scheduled on site prematurely, conflict with other trades or when cabinetry is incomplete.
- Changes have been made since templating was done.
- Additional holes need to be drilled after the installation date.
- Overall access to the job address is not clear. It must be free and clean of mud, snow, debris etc. and easily accessible by us. Steps must be securely in place to the job (no ramps).
The minimum charge is $150.00 plus labor for any additional trips required to the job at the customer's request.